Today my Eclipse Galileo hung at start up. After trying some tricks such as
eclipse -clean, or
eclipse -debug -console, searching for hints in the log files, removing xulrunner from the java.library.path environment, deleting some of the most recent history files and so on I found the solution. In your workspace directory perform the following steps:
- cd .metadata/.plugins
- mv org.eclipse.core.resources org.eclipse.core.resources.bak
- Start eclipse. (It should show an error message or an empty workspace because no project is found.)
- Close all open editors tabs.
- Exit eclipse.
- rm -rf org.eclipse.core.resources (Delete the newly created directory.)
- mv org.eclipse.core.resources.bak/ org.eclipse.core.resources (Restore the original directory.)
- Start eclipse and start working. :-)